Meeting Olivier Lacoua in Wellington

Every so often, one meets an extraordinary person with an extraordinary vision.
Today we met one: Olivier Lacoua, General Manager CQ Hotels Wellington.

Olivier has demonstrated through loud actions how he supports social inclusion initiatives. In the photo below we remember how we met at the Attitude Awards last December, where I was a finalist.


As a French Foreign Trade Advisor, Olivier was also honored in 2012 by the French Government as Chevalier de l’Ordre National du Merite - Knight of the National Order of Merit of France. Olivier is keen to help tell this joint French-New Zealand story.

Olivier is keen to support disabled artists - he has exhibitions and VIP events for them - he was thrilled to see that I put my ideas into a book and that the UNESCO supported me in my work. He will offer the Changing the World book to his foreign VIP visitors - to showcase some New Zealand art!! I am stoked to know that the book will not only help disabled families' future dreams but also in some way be a little part of New Zealand that people take back home with them!!

Olivier introduced me to the French Embassy Cultural Attache to open a dialogue on how more organisations can help disseminate this message. La suite au prochain numero!!